vendredi 29 juin 2007

Reasons why I'm not so happy with the iPhone:

Amazing! Today, one of my "3As" favorite brands (for Apple Armani and Audi), is about to launch what is probably about to be the product of the year 2007.

As you understood, I'm talking about the iPhone, the new Apple Ipod, which is also a cellphone, camera, etc...

Amazing! I said.

Look at this phone, nice, small, 8go for music photos and videos on a wide screen, picture and movie camera, web browser, etc...

Looks like a blockbuster. But still, I'm not happy with the iPhone coming.

How comes?

- First of all, the iPhone has a 2 MP camera. Like digital cameras 20 years ago. How can you sell a cameraphone for US$ 500 with a 2 mega pixel camera? nonsense.

- secondly, it's not 3G. who cares in North America? Well I live in Paris and a 3G phones allows you to have video conferences anywhere, and to surf the web easily and correctly.

- You can't change the chip! Even if I doubt that this kind of abuse can happen in Europe, I still think that this idea is scandalous.

- 4 and 8 Go... what can you do with 8 gigs? save the cookies for my last 24 hours of web browsing?!?

- No GPS. While most of its serious competitors (Nokia, Samsung) have it.

- Safari only. As a website editor, I can't be happy when a device is only Safari compatible. As Apple's browser is not efficient and easy to work with.

These are the reasons why I don't like the iPhone as Apple is about to launch it in just a few hours. It won't be a good citizen reporter device: It's a good device to play, but not to act.

But I guess that the "New user experience" of the wide tactile screen needs to be tested to be understood. And I've heard that it could be released with 3G technologies in Europe.

It still needs a 5 megapixel camera, a possibility to integrate firefox and a 20 GO hard drive.

Then I'll be happy with the iPhone experience.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.